Enterprise and Mid Range Lab Support Engineer with Data Migration experience.
• When rotations happen, either a 1 for 1 swap of outbound to inbound array… usually should be very similar…. If we’re moving a generation product the inbound may have more dense drive than outbound and more updated conductivity.
• Migrate data from outbound system to inbound system.
• Ideally would prefer someone with some Program Management experience as well.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: in person interview on site at 176 SOUTH ST Hopkinton, MA 01748.
ENVIRONMENT: All onsite. In labs internally. All 3 buildings are basically the same lab environment. We provide lab space for the developers and testers. We put the equipment in the lab for them. M-F 8a-5p, jeans allowed.
• Provide general client/server and SAN/storage array support.
• Run storage array scripting.
• Ability to swap enterprise storage array components through following automated system instructions.
• Replace system hardware by following documented processes.
• Responsible for ensuring proper deployment of fiber-channel storage arrays, hosts, switches, software, and storage networking infrastructure.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all documented processes and procedures.
o When performing system configuration changes follows through with “SOLVE” documents and makes corrective action when disciplines change with new releases.
• Ensure lab orderliness, maintains accurate hardware inventory records and publishes best practice procedures for lab operations.
• Provides technical expertise in the development of collaborative platform client application/customer interface.
• Take proactive approach to discover and resolve problem within mission critical environments.
o Upcoming environmental resource limitations – Storage, Memory, CPU.
o Connectivity reaching capacity.
• Adhere to Administrative processes: queue management, idle tickets hygiene, close tickets in a suitable time frame, record information in various. Check work to be accurate and not make mistakes.
• Knows when to escalate a call in order to resolve in a timely manner.
• Be resourceful and collaborate with team members.
• Recognizes opportunities for lab improvements and tool enhancements for optimum efficiency and responsiveness. Can make recommendations to managers and principal and consultant staffing levels.
o Power, networking, cabling, ESM Changes.
• Is a professional role model for less experienced team members.
• Is dependable and accountable.
• Someone who has the physical capability to work with pieces of hardware, software and OS…. must have some assembly experience of hardware and networking.
• Prefer having someone with EMC/Dell background but not required.
• Someone eager to jump in and learn…. Want to have bare necessities to understand and capacity to learn quickly.
• Technically astute.
• At least a couple years of experience, no new graduates.