Sr. Cachè ODBA Administrator
Purpose of Role:
• Provides advanced technical skill and expertise in the management of enterprise database systems.
• Plans database operational guidelines, task automation and establishes security and integrity controls as well as database policies, procedures and standards against solution requirements.
• Plans, prioritizes and manages highly complex projects, service requests, and routine assignments.
• Provides services which ultimately contribute to patient safety and care.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manages and maintains the enterprise system, including architecture, configuration, administration, operations and capacity planning with little or no supervision. Considered an enterprise system management expert primarily in the area database technologies.
• Is responsible for assigned systems integration, design and level three technical support for enterprise systems and technology platforms, as well as mentoring staff.
• Participating in change control process for all planned application and technical activities
• Leads or participates in cross-functional team that manages a full spectrum of technology issues and problems.
• Needs to be available for on-call duty when necessary.
• Ability to work well in a cross-matrixed reporting environment.
• Writing and maintaining scripts to improve and automate system management tasks
• Maintaining and testing processes related to business continuity
• Creating and managing the Database environments that serve production, reporting, disaster recovery, training and non-production needs.
• Installing and maintaining the administrative and monitoring tools necessary for high levels of availability and performance of Epic systems.
• Analyzes enterprise systems management configuration for critical resource utilization, developing plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of the environment.
• Evaluates complex changes and additions for proposed system acquisitions and provides critical input to the decision-making process relative to onboarding, operations, resource requirements and maintenance.
• Analyzes management data to document root cause analysis and create remediation plans. Mentors others on more complex issues and problems.
• Leads improvements and automation to improve overall environment stability.
• Ensures the systems operate efficiently and are kept at most current stable version/release using vendor-supplied updates and patches. Performs research and testing to verify impact of installing all updates. Coordinates vendor support and ensures positive relationships are maintained.
• Complies with the Health System’s Polices/Procedures protecting patient information and the confidentiality of the information in accordance with the Federal and State regulations.
• Manage the logins for different types of access, including login behavior and working environment configuration
• Applies Caché and Epic upgrades and updates to production and non-production environments
• Configures and maintains environment copies according to the environment strategy
• Collaborates with technical teams and Epic to ensure proactive support
• Follows vendor and Epic best practices for hardware and software configuration
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in database management in Epic Cachè
• Advanced knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems, scripting languages, system design and configuration.
• Advanced knowledge of high availability systems solutions to include cluster configuration, data replication technologies, failover configurations, backup technologies and IT systems business continuity solutions.
• Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies and knowledge of Storage, network protocols and routing, network and server;
• Certifications required: Epic Operation Database Administrator (Cachè)