Epic Systems Admin – Fully Remote
Purpose of Role:
• Provides advanced technical skill and expertise in the management of virtual application and Virtual Desktop platforms.
• Plans operational guidelines, task automation and establishes security and integrity controls as well as policies, procedures and standards against solution requirements.
• Plans, prioritizes and manages highly complex projects, service requests, and routine assignments.
• Provides services which ultimately contribute to patient safety and care.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manages and maintains the enterprise system, including architecture, configuration, administration, operations and capacity planning with little or no supervision.
• Participating in change control process for all planned application and technical activities
• Needs to be available for on-call duty when necessary.
• Ability to work well in a cross-matrixed reporting environment.
• Writing and maintaining scripts to improve and automate system management tasks
• Maintaining and testing processes related to business continuity
• Analyzes enterprise systems management configuration for critical resource utilization, developing plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of the environment.
• Evaluates complex changes and additions for proposed system acquisitions and provides critical input to the decision-making process relative to onboarding, operations, resource requirements and maintenance.
• Analyzes management data to document root cause analysis and create remediation plans. Mentors others on more complex issues and problems.
• Leads improvements to improve overall environment stability.
• Ensures the systems operate efficiently and are kept at most current stable version/release using vendor-supplied updates and patches.
• Performs research and testing to verify impact of installing all updates.
• Coordinates vendor support and ensures positive relationships are maintained.
• Complies with the Health System’s Polices/Procedures protecting patient information and the confidentiality of the information in accordance with the Federal and State regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information sciences, engineering, math or related field required; experience or alternative degree may be considered in lieu of required education.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Epic Client System Management (ECSM/ECSA)is required
• 5 years of Microsoft Server OS System Administration experience
• Expertise in application deployment platforms such as Citrix XenApp, VMware Horizon View, or Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and how they are applied to EPIC Support Systems– Citrix, Microsoft or related certification is preferred
• Advanced knowledge of scripting languages, system design and configuration.
• Advanced knowledge of high availability systems solutions to include cluster configuration, replication technologies, failover configurations, backup technologies and IT systems business continuity solutions.
• Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies and knowledge of Storage, network protocols and routing, network and server;
• Certification as Epic Client Systems Manager required.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; excellent customer service skills
• Extensive knowledge with Windows networking, Active Directory and Windows Security, Name Services, FTP/SCP, and HTTP
• Responsible for server systems health reporting and monitoring as they apply to EPIC application support servers.
• Review and deploy service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches for OS and EPIC Application tiers.